This post is also available in: Engels
Topics covered in the BiA Doula Advanced Training – Level 2 are:
Tools/skills during Pregnancy:
- Preparation, prenatal sessions, released waters and no contractions, going past 42 weeks / facing induction
- Foot massage
- Anatomy review
- Prenatal appointments – in small groups (what questions do you ask? How do you structure?)
- Encouraging a breech baby to turn head down:
- Positions-pelvic tilt
Tools/skills during labour:
- When birth is taking twists and turns – not engaged baby, asyncliticism, posterior, stalled labour, issues during pushing;
Use of rebozo, positioning, accupressure, massage, peanut ball
Tools/skills for postpartum:
- Postpartum sessions, recognising problems
We work with interactive methods:
- Practicing hands on techniques with each other, role play, reflection, case studies
- When going into the theory there’s room for questions, sharing of knowledge, experiences, interaction with the group; when watching birth clips, there’s reflection / interaction time afterwards.
Advanced Training: €575
This includes 3 days training (22,5 contact hours), reader, tea, snacks, potluck lunch, certification process at completion and the above mentioned.
The approximate cost of the required reading list is €85,- and that of the recommended list is an additional €75,-.
Advanced Doula Skills Training – Level 2
In English June 12th, 13th, 14th 2019 Book Now
In Dutch September 19th, 20th, 21st 2019
*training in Dutch, materials in English Book Now