This post is also available in: Dutch
Topics covered in the BiA Doula Foundation Training – Level 1 include:
- Role of the doula
- Physiology of childbirth
- Hormones of Birth
- Interactive what is needed for optimal birth
- Mechanics of birth
- Phases of birth
- What is pain?
- Role of partners/doulas, family members/children
- Postpartum (breast crawl)/placenta/first hour after birth
- Informed consent/informed choice
- Unexpected outcomes (IUFD, miscarriage, trauma)
- Self Care (for birth workers)
- Internship and Certificaiton process
- Steps for starting your doula business
Hands on techniques include:
We work with interactive methods and practicing hands-on techniques with each other. We use Roleplay (usually in two’s or three’s) to deepen the learning, i.e. Share birth story / life event, practice active listening 1st appointment with client (doula/mother) multiple scenarios during birth (doula/mother/midwife(or gynaecologist)). When teaching the theory of each topic, there’s room for questions, sharing of knowledge, experiences, interaction with the group. When watching birth clips, there’s reflection and interaction time afterwards.
Foundation Training: €575
This includes 3 days training (22,5 contact hours), reader, tea, snacks, potluck lunch and the above mentioned.
Foundation Training – Level 1
In English September 12th, 13th, 14th 2019 Book Now
In Dutch June 4th, 5th, 6th 2019
*training in Dutch, materials in English Book Now